Those who are on the fence, unsure if bankruptcy is the best way to escape their financial problems, should take the time to assess every aspect of their situation.
Here are five questions that could point you toward a bankruptcy filing:
- Do you have more bills than you can afford to pay?
- Are you tired of debt collectors calling your phone, day after day?
- Are you afraid the IRS will garnish your wages in the future?
- Are you concerned that your home could be foreclosed on?
- Are you buried in so much debt that you are unsure if you could ever dig yourself out through traditional means?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you have a good reason for considering bankruptcy. Is it your only option? Of course not. You may be able to negotiate a settlement with some of your creditors. Or maybe you can pay back your debt a little bit at a time.
You cannot afford to overlook the benefits of bankruptcy, as this could be the best way to escape your past financial trouble and ensure a better future.
Some questions are easier to answer than others. If you need any assistance assessing your situation, we are here to help.
It can be a challenge to decide for or against bankruptcy. You know that this is an option, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it is the right choice for you at the present time.
Once you have a better understanding of your entire situation, you will find yourself in position to make a confident decision. What matters most is that you are comfortable with your choice and what the future will bring.