The Process for Filing Your BankruptcyWhen you work with The Law Offices of David M. Offen to handle your Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, the Bankruptcy Process for Filing goes like this: The specific bankruptcy process will vary depending on whether you file a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 case as well as the unique financial circumstances you are dealing with. Although the specific process may vary, there are many ways that an experienced Philadelphia bankruptcy attorney at our law firm can assist you. We can also help to familiarize you with what to expect in the coming weeks and months:
- The bankruptcy process begins when you file your petition.
- In order to file, you will need to complete credit counseling.
- We also gather and file all information regarding your assets, debt and expenses with the Court.
- You Meet with the Attorney – you bring the attorney your bills, last 2 tax returns if filed , paystubs, bills and other documents.
- You also need to take a credit counseling class which lasts about 45 minutes – 1 hour and it can be taken in our office, on the computer or at home.
- We evaluate your case to make sure that we take advantage of all options available to you.
- We review your debts — those that are dischargeable and non-dischargeable and your income and expenses as well as any assets that you may own.