Do you have substantial tax debt? If so, you are not alone. At The Law Offices of David M. Offen, we have many clients who need the assistance of tax debt attorneys in Philadelphia. We provide the help you need when it comes to dealing with your tax debt. In some cases, your tax debt may be dischargeable under Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy. If your tax debt is newer, though, it might not be able to be discharged, however in many cases it can be substantially reduced. We can provide more information about how Philadelphia IRS tax relief attorneys can help you.

IRS Tax Relief Attorneys in Philadelphia PA

When dealing with the Internal Revenue Service, it’s important that you choose one of the Philadelphia tax debt attorneys that is knowledgeable and experienced in tax debt. The law is very complex and in order to have tax debt discharged during bankruptcy, the tax debt must meet certain conditions. For example, the tax debt:

  • Must be income taxes.
  • Cannot be payroll taxes or fraud penalties.
  • The tax debt is at least three years’ old
  • The tax debt must have been assessed by the IRS at least 240 days before you file for bankruptcy or must not have been assessed yet.

There are some cases in which tax debts can be reduced even in the above situations.

Your Philadelphia debt relief bankruptcy attorney can determine if your tax debt meets the requirements set forth by the IRS when it comes to discharging tax debts during bankruptcy.

Debt Relief Bankruptcy Attorney in Philadelphia PA

You may have some tax debt that meets the requirements of the IRS and some that does not. In cases like this, your Philadelphia IRS tax relief attorneys can determine how much of your tax debt can be discharged. You will still owe the taxes that were not discharged.

In addition to the Internal Revenue Services, we also help with Pennsylvania State and City of Philadelphia Income taxes.

Call The Law Offices of David M. Offen for a Free Consultation

Want to learn more about Philadelphia IRS tax relief attorneys and how we can help? Call 215-625-9600. You can schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney.