Who is the Best Bankruptcy Lawyer in Philadelphia? There are a number of lawyers who are good bankruptcy lawyers in Philadelphia. There is really no “one” Best Bankruptcy Lawyer in Philadelphia. So the question is what makes a lawyer a good bankruptcy lawyer?
There are a number of answers to the question and they are as follows:
- A lawyer who answers all of your questions and concerns at the first meeting
- A lawyer who explains the bankruptcy process and discusses the differences between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13
- A lawyer who knows the exemptions and looks to maximize the client’s exemptions and
- The lawyer should know whether to choose the state or the federal exemptions
- A lawyer who looks to get every allowable debt discharged
- You can call the lawyer and you can reach him or his office and get your questions answered.
- The lawyer should make sure that all assets are listed and all debts are disclosed
- The lawyer should be highly experienced in bankruptcy law
- You should feel comfortable with the lawyer because that person will represent you if you choose to file bankruptcy
- You should feel that the lawyer is really looking out for your best interest
If you are going into a Chapter 13 case a lawyer should also be able to do the following:
- Look to legally minimize your payments
- Make sure that you understand any payment which you need to make
- Review claims to make sure that claims which are improper are objected to or do not receive payment
- Make sure that the plan only pays claims which legally need to be paid so you do not pay any more than necessary
- The lawyer should know how to meet all requirements necessary to get the Trustee to recommend confirmation of your Chapter 13 plan
So again there is no one Best Bankruptcy Lawyer in Philadelphia.
For you the Best Bankruptcy Lawyer in Philadelphia is the lawyer who explains the bankruptcy process, gives you the information you need, answers the questions you have, makes you feel totally comfortable and is able to give you excellent representation.